07 January 2009

Jan 07 Close

It looks like I am still having some issues with my trading technique. First off I broke my 3 rule trade. Here are my additional trades for the day.

A little more analysis on the previous order listed above.
Sell 12:27 EURUSD @ 1.3604, S/L 1.3655, TP at 1.3503. Stopped out for -51 pips. Personally, I thought everything lined up. After taking a look tonight, it looks like I traded in the middle of the channel, which is a no-no.

Here was the new order
Sell 19:28: EURUSD @ 1.3614, SL1 at 1.3655, SL2 at 1.3670, TP at 1.3581 Stopped for -56 pips.
My first mistake was moving my stop because I thought about triple Wednesday. Also, since my original s/l was 40 or so pips, my lots were scaled accordingly, making me loose more money. This trade did come within about 10 pips of my TP :(. The other thing that sucks is that the price turned right at my stop, and headed down. Fundamentally I really do not see much error, I should have kept my original s/l and re-entered as it passed down through 55 again.

I am down about 1% account value today.

No comments:

Post a Comment